Here you'll find all material related to class MIT's 2.12/2.120 Fall 2016
- Here is the class Syllabus.
(last update: 09/12/2016)
- Here is the Schedule of lectures, labs, project, psets, and exams.
(last update: 12/10/2016)
- Please take this Survey on the first day of class. This is to understand your background and assign students to lab sections. If you want to drop the class it is important that you inform TA Peter Yu by email (peterkty at mit) asap, so that we can keep class teams balanced and sufficiently populated.
Piazza Forum: Discussions of lab or course material, and announcements.
Stellar: Grades will be here.
Make Purchase Request - Additional Requests email samwill_at_mit_dot_edu
Lab Resource Locations - Map showing the location of electrical and mechanical hardware and tools available to teams
Lectures and PSets
|Sep 7||Lecture 1||Introduction. Actuators and Drives.|
|Sep 12||Lecture 2||Robot Mechanisms|
|Sep 14||Lecture 3||Kinematics - Planar||HW1 - solution - code|
|Sep 19||Lecture 4||Kinematics - Spatial Representations|
|Sep 21||Lecture 5||Kinematics - Spatial Methods||HW2 - solution - code||HW1|
|Sep 26||Lecture 6 (determinants)||Kinematics - Differential Motion|
|Sep 28||Lecture 7||Kinematics - Trajectories||HW3 - solution - code||HW2|
|Oct 3||Lecture 8||Kinematics - Planning|
|Oct 5||Lecture 9||Vision - Image Formation||HW4 - solution - code||HW3|
|Oct 12||Lecture review||HW4|
|Oct 17||Lecture 10 - Cancelled||Vision - Image Processing|
|Oct 24||Lecture 11||Statics - Virtual Work|
|Oct 26||Lecture 12||Statics - Velocity/Force Duality|
|Oct 31||Lecture 13||Control - Position/Force Control|
|Nov 2||Lecture 14||Control - Compliance Control||HW5 - solution|
|Nov 7||Lecture 15||Dynamics - Newton|
|Nov 9||Lecture 16
(intro. v1) - (intro. v2)
|Dynamics - Lagrange||HW6 - solution - code||HW5|
|Nov 14||Lecture 17||Dynamics - Review|
|Nov 16||Lecture 18||Control - Dynamic Control||HW6|
|Nov 28||Boston Dynamics||Al Rizzi||Dynamic Robot Platforms||- Leg Lab (historic perspective)
- Big Dog
|Nov 30||Toyota Research Institute||John Leonard||Autonomous Driving|
|Dec 5||ABB Robotics||Remus Bocca||Industrial Automation||- Accuracy1 Accuracy2
- Collaborative robot (YuMi)
|Dec 12||Amazon Robotics||Joey Durham||Robotics in Logistics||- A day in the life of a
- Amazon Picking Challenge (MIT)
|Oct 19||14:30 - 16:00||Exam1||3-270||Guide - Set1 - Set2 - Set3||Exam1 with solutions|
|Nov 21||14:30 - 16:00||Exam2||3-270||Guide - Set1 - Set2 - Set3||Exam2 with solutions|
Lab section and project team assignment is here (last update: 09/22/2016 20:53).
Sec 1: Th 11-1, Sec 2: Th 1-3, Sec 3: Th 3-5, Sec 4: Fri 11-1, Sec 5: Th 2-4
Please read the lab handout and prepare your questions before coming to the lab.
|Sep 8-9||Lab 1||Handout, Code, Feedback|
|Sep 15-16||Lab 2||Handout, Code, Feedback|
|Sep 22-23||Student holiday||No Lab|
|Sep 26||Project initial concept report||Instruction|
|Sep 29-30||Lab 3||Handout, Code, Feedback (last update: 09/28/2016 07:05)|
|Oct 6-7||Lab 4||Handout, Code, Feedback (last update: 10/05/2016 21:49)|
|Oct 12||Project design review report||Instruction|
|Oct 13-14||Lab 5||Handout, Code, Feedback (last update: 10/13/2016 10:53)|
|Oct 20-21||Lab 6||Announcement, Project Github, Extended hour survey|
|Oct 27-28||Lab 7||Extended hour & feedback survey
Extended hours till competition: Mon, Tue 7-9pm
|Nov 3-4||Lab 8||Technical Review, Git tutorial with bonus score, Software envronment setup|
|Nov 10-11||Lab 9||Practical robot programming setup|
|Nov 17-18||Lab 10|
|Nov 21-27||Extended hours||Mon 7-9pm; Tue 11am-4pm, 7-9pm; Wed 10am-2:30pm;
Sat 12pm-6pm; Sun 10am-6pm
|Nov 24-25||Thanksgiving||The lab will be open on Fri: 11-4pm|
|Nov 28-30||Extended hours||Mon-Wed 7-9pm|
|Nov 28, 4-7pm||Project onsite practice (26-100)||You will have the shelves onsite without the arena.
This helps you calibrate the color under the classroom lighting.
|Dec 1, 6-7pm||Project onsite practice (26-100)||You will have the full arena setup. Each team will have 6min on the arena.|
|Dec 1, 7-9pm||Project competition (26-100)||Rules (last update: 11/29/2016 19:33)
Make Purchase Request
AprilTags (printing 4 tags in a page should give you the correct size)
- If you plan to use machine shop for the final project, please take a training session at Maker Works. Consult TA Ryan for details.
- It may be helpful to bring your laptop for viewing the lab handout and google something that you don't understand. You can also bring a hard copy of the handout.
- The lab location is at room 5-007. Please arrive on time.
- For your and robot's health and safety, please don't eat in the lab, and keep your food and drink from robots.
- After you're done with the lab, call a TA to check off. Also, please fill in an online feedback form for the lab.
- The lab section on Friday 9-11 is cancelled because the number of people who prefer that time is too small.
- Lab staff internal page